INTRODUCTION TO SEISMIC INTERPRETATION FOR GEOSCIENTISTS
Sign up today for our virtual half-day course geared towards geologists seeking to hone their seismic interpretation skills. This professional development opportunity is free of charge and will cover seismic interpretation in an existing 2D/3D project as well as generating maps that include both the seismic and well interpretations.
This is a hands on course that includes 50% instruction and 50% hands on experience of interpretation practice by testing SeisWare software.
SeisWare is providing immense value to participants by offering this course free of charge. If you would like to register, don’t delay! Space is limited and the last time we hosted, spots filled up within eight hours of opening registration.
DATE: August 27 & September 2
TIME: 7:30 am – 11:30 am MST
• Introduction to the play
• Basics of navigating the project
How to interpret from your well control points
• Displaying seismic that is centered on your key well control points
• Interpreting out from those points
• Creating a full interpreted surface and honoring your interpretation from your well control
How to interpret areas of poor seismic quality
• Using interpretations above and below poor-quality zones to assist in your interpretation
• Viewing the amplitudes of your structural interpretation
Incorporating interpretation from wells with your seismic interpretation
• QC well interpretation
• Quick gridding of seismic and well interpretations
How to QC your seismic depth volume so you have confidence in your seismic
• Creating depth residuals
Basic well planning
• Using your seismic/well interpretation to guide your well planning
*No data loading or data quality control is included in this course, as the seismic has already been converted to depth.
Remember that space is limited! Register today!